HOPKINTON, Mass., Aug. 24, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
EMC today announced:
- The company will display its industry-leading product portfolio and make a series of product announcements to accelerate and ease customer transition to the cloud at VMworld 2012.
- EMC has captured the #1 position in leading industry analyst Wikibon's annual virtualization study: "VSphere 5 Storage Integration Chips Away at Management Overhead." When asked which vendor offers the best solution for VMware environments, 49% of all respondents named EMC named as #1, nearly 3X more than the nearest competitor and more than the combined scores of the six other remaining storage vendors. EMC VNX and EMC VMAX were the two EMC storage systems included among the twelve products in the survey. Customers singled out EMC storage systems as the best in each of the three survey categories – general, block-only and unified storage.
- Joe Tucci will be featured along with Paul Maritz, Pat Gelsinger and other technology CEOs in the CEO Spotlight session titled, "The Innovation Paradox," moderated by Wired Magazine's Editor-in-Chief Chris Anderson.
- Third Annual "EMC Journey to the Cloud" awards will honor two customers, a partner and an individual for their excellence in innovation, value and performance in transforming their IT organizations and staff.
To view the rich media version of this news announcement, please go to http://www.emc.com/about/news/press/2012/20120824-01.htm
EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC), the #1 choice of customers for information storage in VMware virtual and cloud environments by a wide margin according to a recent Wikibon1 survey, has assembled and will announce a lineup of products and technologies designed to transform IT and business at the VMworld 2012 conference on August 26-30 at the Moscone Center in San Francisco. EMC® will highlight broad technology integration with the industry's most advanced cloud infrastructure suite, VMware vSphere®, further enabling the transformation of IT to a software defined data center. The combination of EMC's industry-leading information infrastructure products, solutions and services with VMware virtualization and cloud infrastructure technologies accelerates the customer journey to the cloud — lowering IT costs and improving business agility.
Delivering IT as a service requires a shift of focus along with new technologies, products, solutions, services, processes and staff certifications to support this transformation. With opportunities to provide a hands-on experience to learn and acquire practical guidance, attendees will develop skills from EMC's vExperts and their peers to experience the benefits of EMC with VMware virtualization and cloud infrastructure technologies.
Key opportunities to listen, learn and gain hands-on experience:
- CEO Roundtable Spotlight (Monday, August 27 at 4:00 p.m. PT): EMC Chairman and CEO Joe Tucci will participate in a session titled "The Innovation Paradox," hosted by VMware CEO Paul Maritz and incoming CEO Pat Gelsinger. The session will be moderated by Chris Anderson, editor-in-chief, Wired. The discussion will explore the challenges brought on by the consumerization of IT and, if CIOs are willing to give up some of their control in the old world, how they can actually gain control in the cloud era — ultimately spurring more innovation. The event is open to all VMworld attendees through standard registration and will take place at Moscone Center South, Gateway Ballroom 103/104.
- Super Session (Tuesday, August 28 at 2:00 p.m. PT): Jeremy Burton, Executive Vice President Product Operations and Marketing, EMC, will deliver a Super Session presentation and "live" demonstrations highlighting EMC's shared vision with VMware to Transform IT, business, cloud computing and yourself.
- EMC Booth (#1203): At the EMC booth, attendees will have the opportunity to see demonstrations of technology integrations between EMC and VMware solutions and meet with EMC executives and subject matter experts to discuss what's on their minds. Featured in the booth will be demonstrations of EMC storage, backup and recovery, virtual desktop infrastructure, security and solutions as well as services to virtualize mission critical applications, analytics and action, and information management features with VMware technologies. Hourly, featured presentations will be made by EMC and VMware's joint customers and subject matter experts.
- EMC Interactive Demo Booth (#229): For customers wanting to gain practical insights and hands on experience, EMC is offering for its third year an interactive, hands-on lab to showcase combined EMC and VMware technologies. The latest EMC cloud technologies will be showcased including EMC Atmos® and attendees can learn how EMC's portfolio of products including EMC Symmetrix® VMAX™, EMC VNX® family and EMC Isilon® storage platforms integrates with VMware to provide the best visibility and management of the cloud.
Show goers will gain a deeper understanding of how to secure, backup and protect their EMC and VMware virtualized and cloud environments with vLabs featuring EMC Avamar®, RSA® and EMC VPLEX®. On full display will be EMC and EMC partner technologies offering end- user customers and service providers "three paths to the cloud" choice and flexibility — best-of-breed cloud infrastructure products for customer implementation, VCE Vblock Systems for converged infrastructure and the channel-only EMC VSPEX Proven Infrastructure.
- "Must See" Sessions: EMC executives will deliver three "must see" sessions and there will be 11 additional technical breakout sessions with technical speakers joined by VMware where customers will address attendees' questions during panel discussions. EMC customers will share their real experiences and provide practical guidance on how EMC and VMware accelerate their journey to the cloud.
- Third Annual "EMC Journey to the Cloud" awards: Two customers, a partner and an individual will be honored as the winners of the "EMC Journey to the Cloud" awards based on award submissions judged by a panel of industry luminaries. Winners will be chosen based on excellence in innovation, value and performance in transforming their IT organizations and staff to adapt to new skills required for cloud computing and Big Data. Awards will be presented to the IT organization that has transformed business by raising the bar to deliver innovative solutions, product integrations and applications to create business value and agility. An award also will go to the partner that has worked alongside EMC to build solutions to accelerate our customers' IT and business transformation.
Rick Lloyd, Director, TechCentral Technology Planning & Strategy, Pitney Bowes Corporation
"EMC's expertise in helping us evolve our operations to an IT as a Service (ITaaS) model has been critical to how Pitney Bowes is starting to provision environments and manage business processes. EMC storage and VMware capabilities are an essential part of our infrastructure and they are enabling us to confidently embrace IT transformation. EMC and EMC Global Services have become core to our IT operations and as a result we are seeing substantial benefits where our time to provision will be competitive with public cloud providers at less cost."
Jeremy Burton, Executive Vice President, Product Operations and Marketing, EMC Corporation
"With the broadest integrations with VMware, EMC remains the #1 choice of customers in VMware environments. EMC is continuing its focus on delivering maximum possible IT efficiency and flexibility for businesses and service providers as they transform their operations and deliver IT as a Service."
EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) is the world's leading developer and provider of information infrastructure technology and solutions that enable organizations of all sizes to transform the way they compete and create value from their information. Information about EMC's products and services can be found at www.emc.com.
1Wikibon, "Study of Storage Integration in vSphere V5*"August 2012
EMC, Atmos, Symmetrix, VMAX, VNX, Isilon, Avamar, RSA and VPLEX are trademarks or registered trademarks of EMC Corporation in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks used are the property of their respective owners.
VMware and VMware vSphere are registered trademarks and/or trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. The use of the word "partner" or "partnership" does not imply a legal partnership relationship between VMware and any other company.
SOURCE EMC Corporation