TYSONS CORNER, Va., May 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- MicroStrategy® Incorporated (Nasdaq: MSTR), a leading worldwide provider of business intelligence (BI) software, today announced that it has received an "Outstanding" product viability rating by Gartner in its "Critical Capabilities for Mobile BI" report, published April 10, 2012.
According to Gartner, "Mobile business intelligence is growing fast in the corporate landscape, with many companies piloting or planning deployment initiatives. This research will help BI leaders understand the disparate capabilities available in the market and facilitate the selection of a mobile BI solution."
Gartner describes product viability as their assessment of a vendor's strategy and a vendor's ability to enhance and support a product throughout its expected life cycle. Four major areas are considered in this assessment: strategy, support, execution and investment. A copy of the Gartner report is available, compliments of MicroStrategy, at http://www.microstrategy.com/mobile/analyst-reviews.
Leading Analyst and Media Recognition Highlight MicroStrategy's Leadership in Mobile Intelligence
Over the past six months, industry experts have reviewed MicroStrategy Mobile and reached the same conclusion: MicroStrategy is the number one Mobile BI solution available in the market today.
- Howard Dresner Mobile BI Market Survey 2011. MicroStrategy ranked #1 based on mobile platform support, platform integration and numbers of supported BI features in an in-depth and independent market survey.
- BARC BI Survey 10. MicroStrategy Mobile ranked #1 in terms of mobile usage compared to its enterprise peers, a reflection of how successful MicroStrategy's customers have been implementing MicroStrategy-powered mobile apps into their businesses. This survey analyzed why real-world organizations select BI products, how they use them, and with what degree of success. As in years past, MicroStrategy scored ahead of its peers in a significant number of KPIs on this survey-based report (with 3,000 plus respondents). In the survey, BARC's founder and CEO Dr. Carsten Bange specifically highlighted that "Mobile is a clear example of MicroStrategy's innovation and tendency to be on the forefront of offering new BI functionality based on leading-edge technologies."
- Techaccess, powered by GSMI. MicroStrategy Mobile was showcased in "Ten of the Best Mobile Enterprise Apps." According to author Nicholas Greene, "They're pretty much the top business intelligence solution in the world, providing customers with a full platform for analysis and business metrics, and they're doing a damned fine job of it."
- NetworkWorld. MicroStrategy Mobile was included as one of the "20 iPad Apps Every CIO Should Want." According to the author, Brad Reed, MicroStrategy Mobile "...comes with all the usual fixings, including access to business reports, KPIs, documents and dashboards...giving users the ability to use multi-touch when editing graphs, charts, maps and other key visual aids."
- Prominent Media Coverage. MicroStrategy's achievements in Mobile applications have received notable media attention from The Washington Post, Financial Times, MacWorld, and others. A recent Sprint television ad, prominently featuring MicroStrategy's platform for mobile apps, has appeared on major network and cable television channels. To see the ad, visit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ0MyGI0kQc.
"MicroStrategy Mobile continues to receive strong reviews from the independent analyst community and press," said Sanju Bansal, MicroStrategy Chief Operating Officer. "We believe the Gartner report "Critical Capabilities for Mobile BI" confirms what we keep hearing from the market: MicroStrategy Mobile is far ahead of the competition."
Founded in 1989, MicroStrategy is a leading provider of enterprise software platforms for business intelligence (BI), mobile intelligence, and social intelligence applications. MicroStrategy's BI platform enables leading organizations worldwide to analyze the vast amounts of data stored across their enterprises to make better business decisions. Companies choose MicroStrategy BI for its ease-of-use, sophisticated analytics, and superior data and user scalability. MicroStrategy's mobile intelligence platform helps companies and organizations build, deploy, and maintain mobile apps across a range of solutions by embedding intelligence, transactions, and multimedia into apps. MicroStrategy's social intelligence platform includes a number of applications that help enterprises harness the power of social networks for marketing and e-commerce, as well as a suite of free consumer friendly apps that use MicroStrategy's enterprise technologies. The MicroStrategy Cloud offering combines MicroStrategy and third-party software, hardware, and services to enable rapid, cost-effective development of hosted BI, mobile, and social applications. To learn more about MicroStrategy (Nasdaq: MSTR), visit www.microstrategy.com and follow us on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/microstrategy) and Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/microstrategy).
MicroStrategy, MicroStrategy Business Intelligence Platform, MicroStrategy Cloud, MicroStrategy Mobile, Cloud Personal, MicroStrategy Transaction Services, Wisdom, MicroStrategy Wisdom and Emma are either trademarks or registered trademarks of MicroStrategy Incorporated in the United States and certain other countries. Other product and company names mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
SOURCE MicroStrategy Incorporated