SAN DIEGO, Feb. 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Just in time for the huge football weekend, Cricket Communications, a leading provider of innovative and value-driven wireless services, today announced its top picks for sports-related Android applications that add excitement to any of its Android smartphone lineup and recently added Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. This year's iconic game between the New York Giants and New England Patriots in Indianapolis will be nothing short of historic. With socially enabled Apps and Android powered smartphones, make your call heard on Game Day with a little help from Cricket's top App picks.
It's not too late to pick up a prepaid, no contract phone or tablet at Cricket branded locations, select national retailers and online at http://www.mycricket.com. Cricket's Android OS mobile lineup, coupled with its high-quality 3G data network, delivers the speed and performance to power any of the Apps available for Android. Cricket has sifted through the Android Market roster and selected four outstanding Apps that simplify sports news, interactive chats and party planning tips for a supercharged, second source Game Day experience.
Cricket's Top Picks:
- OnSports interactive sports App is free from Hitpost. Hitpost really understands its fans, how they talk about sports and what features matter. Do you want to connect with other fans on Game Day? This App takes sports super fans to the next level with socially integrated discussions, stats, and polling features. Download the OnSports free App at the Android Market.
- NFL Pro 2012 is a free Android App game for the fantasy team sports manager. Become the coach to your preferred franchise and add excitement to your big football weekend. Every NFL team is represented and includes over 2,000 real players. Download the free NFL Pro 2012 App at Android Market.
- Epicurious Recipe App, developed by Conde Nast Digital for Android, is a free App that organizes Game Day menus. Select your favourite ingredients and Epicurious will generate a variety of recipes and build a shopping list for you! Check out this next-generation kitchen companion for your Game Day party plans and impress your friends with your epicurean talent. Download the Epicurious Recipe App at Android Market.
- ESPN Score Center is an Android Market Editors Choice, built by a Top Developer, and it has been downloaded over 10,000,000 times. With a global focus on sports' stats, detailed videos, player and coach information, scores and reports, this App will enable you to rigorously explore and share sports data. Download the free ESPN app at Android Market.
Android Mobile and Tablet Lineup:
- ZTE Score is a game day ready Android smartphone that sports features like Wi-Fi capability, XT9 Trace for easy text entry, and is pre-bundled with Muve Music.
- Huawei Ascend II's 3.5" HVGA touch-screen, Wi-Fi capability, 600MHz processor with Android 2.3 Gingerbread OS stacks the lineup in your favor. The Ascend II smartphone delivers 3G Real Web Browsing that is easy to use and appreciate. With Muve Music preloaded and extra card space for MP3 music, this mobile handset is a true player.
- Samsung Vitality's fast 800 MHz processor, 3.5" HVGA touch-screen, and easy access to social networks is designed for an all pro experience. Samsung Vitality is packed with a 3.2MP camera/camcorder, Wi-Fi capability, 3G Real Web Browsing, and Muve Music.
- Huawei Mercury offers a massive 4" display powered by an ultrafast 1.4 GHz processor. Added features like the 8.0MP rear camera, VGA front camera, and the Android 2.3 OS, make this device a powerful smartphone in any playbook.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 with Android 3.1 Honeycomb enables full access to Apps, support for Google™ Mobile Services, including Gmail™, YouTube™ and more. Galaxy's 10.1-inch enhanced display with a 1280x800 resolution HD screen, 1 GHz dual core application processor, a 2-megapixel front-facing camera and a 3-megapixel rear-facing camera provides an incredible second source, interactive experience for the Big Game.
For more information about Cricket's dynamic device lineup, please visit http://www.mycricket.com. To follow Cricket's latest news and updates online, go to Cricket's Facebook page online at http://www.facebook.com/cricketwireless and Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/cricketnation.
Cricket is the pioneer of simple and affordable unlimited wireless services with no long-term commitments or credit checks required serving approximately 5.9 million customers. Cricket products are available nationwide. Cricket offers wireless voice and broadband Internet services over the latest technology, high-quality, all-digital 3G CDMA2000 1X and 1xEV-DO wireless network. Cricket's nationwide wireless voice service plans include unlimited anytime minutes, unlimited U.S. long distance, unlimited text and picture messaging, unlimited text to Mexico, unlimited Mobile Web, unlimited directory assistance, as well as a variety of calling features and feature-rich mobile applications such as popular games, ringtones and wallpapers. For more information on Cricket, visit www.mycricket.com. Cricket is offered by Leap Wireless International, Inc., headquartered in San Diego, Calif. For more information on Leap, visit www.leapwireless.com.
Android is a trademark of Google, Inc. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Cricket Communications