Unedited news and product information from vendors.
Affinity Reports Dramatic Shifts in Magazine Readership
Dec 02, 2011 (02:12 PM EST)
Largest Publishing Companies See Consumers Accessing Magazine Branded Content Across Multiple Platforms
NEW YORK, Dec. 2, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Today's magazine marketplace is no longer harnessed to the printed page. As publishers continue to aggressively leverage a variety of digital channels to extend the reach of their brands, consumers are migrating to those new platforms in impressive numbers.
According to the most recent release of Affinity's American Magazine Study – which reports the total magazine brand footprint across print, mobile and social platforms, as well as integrating magazine Website data from comScore's Media Metrix – the largest multi-title publishing companies are seeing dramatic shifts in their traditional audience profiles.
Quantifying the duplication of magazine readership across print and digital platforms provides a clearer picture of those consumers who are relying on a single platform or multiple platforms when interacting with their favorite magazine brands.
For example, 65% of consumers reading Hearst magazines are relying exclusively on the printed versions of the company's products, while 11% of Hearst's total unduplicated audience is interacting with content and advertising only in digital form. One out of four readers (24%) are now accessing Hearst-branded content in both print and digital form. Overall, 35% of Hearst's total audience footprint is now comprised of digital readers (the combination of "Digital Only Readers" and "Print and Digital Readers").
For detailed audience profiles for specific magazine genres or individual magazine brands, please visit www.AffinityResearch.net.
About Affinity's American Magazine Study AMS employs a contemporary, Web-based methodology to survey more than 60,000 consumers annually. AMS is the industry's premier source for total magazine brand readership across print and digital channels, including magazine Websites, social networks, electronic subscriptions and the growing number of apps designed for mobile devices. AMS Web audience estimates are derived from comScore's Media Metrix data, using a state-of-the-art integration process to capture the real-time Web behavior of AMS respondents through direct passive measurement.
About Affinity LLC Affinity is a media research firm specializing in magazine audience measurement and accountability tracking. Affinity's products include ProofReader (campaign pre-testing), The American Magazine Study (print and digital magazine audience measurement), and the VISTA Service (in-market effectiveness of print and digital magazine ads). Company Web site: www.AffinityResearch.net.
CONTACT: Tom Robinson, +1-212-922-9582, Ext. 201, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Affinity LLC