SUWANEE, Ga., June 9, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Today's mobile, on-demand culture of communications and entertainment across multiple screens is significantly impacting cable operators' network design and subscriber experience needs. ARRIS (Nasdaq: ARRS) will demonstrate its superior capability to address those needs in its booth #1415 and in "The Park" at NCTA's The Cable Show in Chicago, June 14-16, 2011.
ARRIS will showcase how it makes next-generation network distribution and communications easy for cable operators by supplying significantly increased capacity and a seamless migration path between legacy service delivery and next-generation IP networks. Live demonstrations include:
- Industry-leading DOCSIS® 3.0 broadband solutions designed to support tomorrow's IP video networks while providing a superior customer experience today, including:
- The C4® CMTS -- delivering significantly more bandwidth through the new double-density XD CAM downstream card and 24U CAM upstream card with IPv6 capabilities http://www.arrisi.com/get/c4/; and
- The ARRIS Touchstone® customer premises equipment (CPE) portfolio for in-home voice and data services, offering the lowest total cost of ownership (TCO) available in the industry.
- The ARRIS Whole Home Solution, which replaces traditional cable set-top boxes with a centralized gateway and multiple IP Clients. The Gateway is a triple-play device, providing HSD and lifeline voice as well as linear and on-demand video services. The Gateway uses open standards – DLNA and DTCP-IP – over MoCA, Ethernet and Wi-Fi®, to deliver content within the home and to consumer electronics devices and PCs http://www.arrisi.com/get/whole_home/.
- The ConvergeMedia™ Unified Video Delivery Platform and three-screen vision which delivers more convenience, bandwidth and applications to any device at any time for a better subscriber experience http://www.arrisi.com/get/convergemedia/.
In addition, virtual interactive stations will demonstrate how ARRIS opens up new revenue streams and lowers the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) for operators as they migrate their networks to an all-IP model, including:
- Access and transport solutions such as the 1 GHz-capable CHP CORWave™ Dual Density Forward Transmitter, which reduces the physical footprint and power consumption by 50% while preserving fiber assets. Also, a portfolio of EPON and RFoG solutions that support the evolution of today's Hybrid Fiber Coax (HFC) networks for high speed business data solutions and passive optical networks.
- The VIPr™ 4000 Advanced Video Processing platform, a second-generation video transcoder capable of generating live multi-screen video output through adaptive bit rate streaming as well as transcoding capabilities for both ATSC and DVB.
- ServAssure™ network monitoring and WorkAssure™ remote workforce assurance solutions that simplify the delivery and management of complex services while driving down operational costs.
- ARRIS Wi-Fi solutions – a suite of advanced indoor and outdoor wireless solutions with patented, state-of-the-art technology designed for cable business services, hospitality and residential opportunities available through a recent agreement with Ruckus Wireless.
- Linear and advanced advertising solutions, which are based on the latest digital video services so operators can capitalize on new revenue streams at the lowest TCO.
- The ARRIS Fixed Mobile Convergence solution with a real-time demonstration of converged voice and data services on Android™ based handsets featuring the ARRIS Convergence Client for Android. The demo includes seamless roaming and handover of mobile services between cellular networks and the local Wi-Fi network as well as presence-based simultaneous ring.
ARRIS experts will also outline how some of the above solutions can be strategically applied to operators' individual architectures during the following conference sessions:
ARRIS is a global communications technology company specializing in the design, engineering and supply of technology supporting triple- and quad-play broadband services for residential and business customers around the world. The company supplies broadband operators with the tools and platforms they need to deliver carrier-grade telephony, network video processing, whole home video, demand driven video, next-generation advertising, network and workforce management solutions, access and transport architectures and ultra high-speed data services. Headquartered in Suwanee, Georgia, USA, ARRIS has R&D centers in Suwanee; Beaverton, OR; Chicago, IL; Kirkland, WA; State College, PA; Wallingford, CT; Waltham, MA; Cork, Ireland; and Shenzhen, China, and operates support and sales offices throughout the world. Information about ARRIS products and services can be found at www.arrisi.com.