SAO PAULO, May 13, /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- UOL S.A. (BM&FBOVESPA: UOLL4), the leading online media portal and Internet company in Brazil, announces today 1Q10 results.
- Advertising and other revenues totaled R$ 120.9 million in 1Q10, a 37% increase over 1Q09. This growth was driven by advertising revenues and by the growth in revenues from all the products in our internet service platform.
- EBITDA totaled R$40.2 million in 1Q10, 6% lower than in 1Q09, accompanied by EBITDA margin of 22% 5 p.p. down also from 1Q09. Excluding the non-recurring items in both periods, net revenues grew 15% while operating expenses added to the cost of services grew 10%. EBITDA, as consequent, grew 31% over 1Q09.
- Gross margin in 1Q10 was 69%, 4 p.p. down from 1Q09. Excluding non-recurring items from 2009, gross margin would have reached 64% in the 1Q09, up 5 p.p. year-on-year. Gross profit totaled R$126.1 million.
- Net income was R$23.5 million in 1Q10, decreasing by 36% from 1Q09. Excluding non-recurring items in both periods, net income would be 4% lower than in 1Q09.
- The number of paying broadband subscribers reached 1.3 million in March 2010, an increase of 8% over March 2009
- Another highlight was the operational start-up of the new Datacenter, the safest and most efficient of the country. It will serve all the users of our products and services, whether they are subscribers or not.
For full earnings release, visit the Company's IR website: www.uol.com.br/ir
For additional information, please contact the Company's Investor Relations Department: email@example.com
1Q10 results conference call on May 14, 2010, Friday:
- English conference call: 10:00 a.m. US EDT , connecting number +1 (973) 935-8893 – ID Conference: 67870264
- Portuguese conference call: 9:00 a.m. US EDT, connecting number +55 (11) 4003-9004, followed by *0 - Code: UOL
SOURCE UOL S.A.