NEW YORK, April 9 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Ben Silverman's next generation multimedia studio, Electus, an operating business of IAC (Nasdaq: IACI), today announced its upcoming international TV & digital programming slate in advance of the MIPTV conference in Cannes, France where Silverman will deliver a keynote speech on the global transformation of programming and distribution in the digital era on April 13th.
Actively developing television and digital programming for an extensive line-up of top cable channels, broadcast networks and online entities, Electus is the first integrated multimedia entertainment studio to unite producers, creators, advertisers and distributors under one roof to develop all forms of content for distribution across a variety of platforms around the world. Headed by Silverman, the company connects all parties early on in the development process, creating better content and enabling marketers and advertisers to be a true partner throughout the creative process to develop campaigns.
"We are thrilled to team up with some of the most talented producers, broadcasters and digital entities to bring to market a compelling slate of high concept, next generation programming for global audiences," said Ben Silverman, CEO and founder of Electus. "We are particularly excited as a number of our projects are truly bridging the gap between traditional television, the internet and other media platforms which will greatly enhance the audience experience."
Electus Distribution, the studio's international distribution arm established in 2010 in conjunction with Shine International, will handle sales of the international TV and digital programming slate. The new block of television and digital programming for international distribution includes:
- MUNCH MADNESS: The National Food Tournament: In partnership with Sharp Entertainment, creators of Travel Channel's smash hit Man v. Food, Munch Madness is a national food showdown in the vein of the Eurovision Song Contest where competitors from around the country will compete across various food divisions in a whirlwind tournament bracket format played out like a food-fueled, mouthwatering version of March Madness, the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament. The show aims to once and for all settle which of the nation's heralded chowdown joints and greasy spoon landmarks have the best dishes in the country. This is the first of three projects that Sharp Entertainment and Electus are partnering on.
- BIG TIME SPENDER: Electus Distribution, Mark Burnett Productions and Swedish-based multi-platform TV developers Bringiton will co-produce Big Time Spender, the hugely popular Chinese game show for US audiences. Created by Bringiton, Big Time Spender, a groundbreaking Chinese reality game show, which highlights contestants from different backgrounds who compete to be the nation's smartest shopper, is the first-ever Western developed and owned format to be successfully produced, broadcast and syndicated in mainland China on CC-TV where it garnered the highest ratings on the network. Martin Gisselman, who created and produced the show in China will remain attached to the US version as a producer. Multiple global advertisers participated and more are looking to participate around the world.
- HICCUPS: Electus Distribution has secured the international and U.S. rights to the new hit Canadian television series, Hiccups, from the most successful Canadian production company, Thunderbird Films. Airing on CTV, the show stars Canada's biggest comedy star, Brent Butt, and his former Corner Gas co-star and real life wife, Nancy Robertson. The comedy focuses on Millie Upton, a disgruntled children's author with anger management issues, also referred to as "hiccups," who seeks the counsel of a bumbling life coach (Brent Butt). Its first time in the international market, the series is created and executive produced by Brent Butt.
- READY, SET, DANCE: Created by Notional execs Cleve Keller and Dave Noll in partnership with Electus, Ready, Set, Dance! is a first-of-its-kind dance competition series that seamlessly combines the web and television.
- ABBOTT REIF HAMEIRI PRODUCTION COMPANY: Israel-based Abbot Reif Hameiri Production Company, the leading production company in Israel, is one of the first distribution partnerships of Electus Distribution. Under the terms of the agreement, Electus Distribution will develop Abbot Reif Hameiri's Israeli programming in the United States across all platforms, including mobile, internet and TV. Likewise, Abbot Reif Hameiri has the opportunity to repurpose Electus' multi-platform content to sell to the Israeli marketplace.
- CUCKOO'S NEST: Electus Distribution has secured the international and US rights to the Israeli format Cuckoo's Nest, a mega-interactive game show produced by Abbott Reif Hameiri Production Company. Originally distributed live from Facebook and via Cellcom, the biggest mobile carrier in Israel, the next-generation format fuses a virtual home-based game with a real studio-based game.
- TLV: Electus Distribution has secured the international and US rights to TLV, an Israeli format docu-drama from Abbott Reif Hameiri Production Company. The series follows four young people in their twenties as they each get the job opportunity of a lifetime in the fast-paced, glamorous world of entertainment, media and public relations. Living as roommates in the big city, each individual faces personal and professional challenges that show business and the big city confronts them with.
- STYLIZED WITH PATRICIA FIELD: Electus has partnered with award-winning actress Vanessa Williams and her producing partner Michael Gruber to co-produce Stylized with Patricia Field, a new web series whereby renowned stylist Patricia Field, the stylistic brain behind Sex and the City, The Devil Wears Prada and Ugly Betty, becomes an ordinary woman's fashion fairy godmother, helping them discover their perfect look.
Electus will announce the studio's U.S. scripted slate in the coming weeks.
Electus is the first integrated multimedia entertainment studio to unite producers, creators, advertisers and distributors under one roof and produce all forms of content for distribution across a variety of platforms around the world. Headed by Ben Silverman, in partnership with IAC, the company connects advertisers, distributors and content creators early on in the development process, enabling marketers and advertisers to be a true partner in campaigns and content creation.
About Electus Distribution
Electus Distribution was formed in 2010 by Ben Silverman's multimedia studio, Electus, and Shine International, the international distribution arm of Elisabeth Murdoch's Shine Group. The company, run by Silverman and Shine International President Chris Grant, is a distribution entity that will handle all international sales for television, motion picture and digital content.
IAC operates more than 50 leading and diversified Internet businesses across 30 countries... our mission is to harness the power of interactivity to make daily life easier and more productive for people all over the world. To view a full list of the companies of IAC please visit our website at www.iac.com.