Unedited news and product information from vendors.
Jive Announces Record First Quarter
Apr 07, 2010 (06:04 PM EDT)
Remains Largest and Fastest-Growing Company in Social Business Software Market
PORTLAND, Ore., April 7 /PRNewswire/ --
- Jive, the Social Business Software leader, announced the first quarter of 2010 represented several revenue "firsts" for the company including:
- the largest amount of new business in the company's history;
- the single largest customer order in the company's history; and
- the first quarter with multiple customer contracts of over $1 million.
- Jive reported total revenues grew 35% in Q1 2010 as compared to Q1 2009.
- Jive continues to be the Social Business Software standard for many of the world's best known brands, and in the first quarter received new or additional orders from Charles Schwab & Co, DISH Networks, Live Nation Entertainment, Nintendo, Mayo Clinic, NAVTEQ, T-Mobile, UCB, and Yum! Brands.
- Jive continues to add talent throughout the world, and in the first quarter increased the number of Jivers by approximately 20 percent. Jive has doubled in size over the last year, and now has approximately 250 employees with another 30 open positions.
- The Jive partner ecosystem continued to expand in the first quarter, with an increased percentage of customer orders being driven in conjunction with interactive agencies and systems integrators.
- Leading brands in the world's most competitive industries have turned to Jive Social Business Software, including:
- The two largest athletic apparel companies in the world.
- 2 of the 10 largest restaurant chains in the world.
- 3 of the 5 largest network and communications equipment providers in the world.
- 4 of the 7 largest telecommunications providers in the U.S.
- 4 of the 10 largest commercial banks in the U.S.
- 3 of the 7 largest entertainment companies in the U.S.
- The two largest discount brokerages in the U.S.
- "Investing in Social Business Software has never been a question of if, but when, and that time is now," said Tony Zingale, CEO of Jive Software. "This market is growing quickly because leading brands are making significant investments in how they engage more effectively with customers and employees. These enterprises are turning to Jive, and the powerhouse combination of our team and product are driving our track record of success."
- "It's great to see companies look under the hood of the yet-to-arrive 'social' offerings from legacy enterprise software vendors like Microsoft, Salesforce.com and IBM, and realize that there's a lot of chatter – but not much else," said Ben Kiker, Chief Marketing Officer of Jive. "Buyers know that when they're looking for examples on how businesses are realizing big outcomes from Social Business Software they turn to Jive. That's one reason why our upcoming ten-city Get Social Tour is reaching capacity."
- User adoption of Social Business Software is mirroring that of the early days of Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. At quarter's end, more than 6 million people were using Jive to work more effectively with colleagues, partners and customers with more than 250 million page views per month.
- On February 22, Tony Zingale was named Jive's chief executive officer on an interim basis. With his nearly three decades of experience building profitable, high growth enterprise software companies, Zingale is leading Jive through an period of significant investment to further extend the company's leadership in the SBS market.
- Jive announced the acquisition of privately-held Filtrbox, a real-time social media monitoring (SMM) innovator. The Filtrbox technology is the cornerstone of a soon-to-be released update to the Jive Market Engagement solution, the first to combine SMM with the power of collaborative SBS to implement a unified social media engagement strategy.
- Jive introduced Jive Ideation, a new solution to capture, organize and prioritize ideas generated by employees, customers, and partners. Many Jive customers are already exploring the power of combining Jive Ideation with the social media monitoring capabilities of Jive Market Engagement to incorporate real-time insights from the social web to enrich and accelerate the innovation lifecycle.
- Jive announced the dates for JiveWorld 2010, the SBS industry's largest community conference, for September 14-16 in San Francisco. Based on last year's sold out program and participant feedback, JiveWorld10 will feature a longer program and greater capacity to accommodate the growing Jive community.
About Jive Software
Jive is the largest and fastest growing Social Business Software (SBS) company in the world. SBS creates a material competitive advantage by combining the power of social networking, collaboration software, and community software. For more information, visit www.jivesoftware.com.
SOURCE Jive Software