BARCELONA, Spain, Feb. 14 /PRNewswire/ -- NAVTEQ, the leading global provider of digital map, traffic and location data for in-vehicle, portable, wireless and enterprise solutions, highlights experience in its 8th visit to MWC. This year's Mobile World Congress showcase includes: a broad range of location-focused applications on display via a variety of customer demos, coupled with interactive demonstrations of unique advancements in visual content; innovative technologies that advance map data collection and content development efforts and lastly, tools and support aimed at helping developers launch new products. The focus remains on delivering products, services and solutions to customers which enhance the end-user experience for today's sophisticated consumer.
Advanced Content, Services and Solutions: Location-based solutions and navigation combine with NAVTEQ's advanced visual content portfolio to create a heightened user experience.
- Enhanced 3D City Models in Europe (product launch): Built from key attributes from the highly-accurate NAVTEQ® map, this new product is extremely flexible, enabling navigable 3D animation to be generated in real-time. By adding texture and colours, cityscapes appear more authentic and help those using navigation systems more easily orientate themselves in unfamiliar situations.
- Pedestrian Navigation: The latest in NAVTEQ's pedestrian navigation content can be experienced via an interactive demo that combines NAVTEQ Discover Cities™ as well as NAVTEQ's visual content to improve pedestrian guidance through better orientation. The power of pedestrian navigation can be equally experienced first-hand with demonstrations from Networks in Motion and Nokia mobile devices.
- Unique customer demonstrations from NavNGo, Novasys, Nokia and UbiEst add to the experience. NavNGo, a leading navigation solution provider for wireless, automotive and personal navigation industries, is showcasing a fully customizable, onboard, 3D turn-by-turn navigation application while Nokia is showcasing the latest developments in ovimaps capabilities. Novasys, a company providing mapping, LBS and Fleet Management solutions, is showcasing Onyourmap (Technology for WEB and Mobile mapping), Deal Finder (Customer loyalty suite for Mobile users) and Novatrack (Fleet and personal tracking platform) and UbiEst, an Italian developer and provider of LBS solutions for business and consumer markets, is showcasing a portfolio of plug-and-play mobile LBS applications to meet any locating need beyond navigation.
- NAVTEQ LocationPoint Advertising™: NAVTEQ's location-aware advertising platform lets retailers deliver highly-targeted, relevant and actionable advertising to end users and allows customers to explore potential revenue-share opportunities. See how NAVTEQ's LocationPoint Advertising™ enables the ultimate location-aware experience.
- The latest Navigation Applications will also be on display to experience and enjoy with iPhone® digital mobile device application demonstrations from Navigon, Destinator, Appello and Dual.
Enabling technologies: NAVTEQ's enabling technologies offer a glimpse into how NAVTEQ obtains the highest quality levels in data collection as well as the future of location-based innovation:
- NAVTEQ True - revolutionary new data collection technology (new in Europe): NAVTEQ True™ has been developed to further advance the scale, speed and efficiency of map data collection. Through a combination of LIDAR, panoramic and high resolution cameras, GPS and IMU positioning, all collected data is geo-referenced, so both imagery and 3D data points can be superimposed to create a more highly detailed digital representation.
Demonstrations via live satellite link from the US at 11.00hrs, 14.00hrs and 16.30hrs on Monday 15th, Tuesday 16th and Wednesday 17th February on the NAVTEQ stand: 1D59, Hall 1
- NAVTEQ Traffic™: NAVTEQ Traffic™ is now available in the United Kingdom, increasing its real-time traffic coverage in Europe to nearly 400,000 kilometers of total coverage, across nearly 35 major cities in 13 European countries. This comprehensive, quality-tested traffic service enables reliable routing and provides an accurate picture of real-world traffic conditions to help travellers reach their destination faster and more efficiently. Learn more about the possibilities of leveraging NAVTEQ Traffic™.
- NAVTEQ Connect: A forward looking product showcase that demonstrates the impact of navigation and location based solutions on everyday life as a consumer navigates through real-world situations while travelling by car or foot. Exhibiting companies include: Appello, Fanshake, La Mosca, Magneti Marelli, NAVIGON, NavNGo, Nokia, ROUTE 66, Visioglobe and Whatamap.com
(Note to media - not for publication: NAVTEQ Connect is taking place at White Hall in Poble Espanyol de Montjuic (next to the Congress venue) and will be open to the media on Tuesday 16th February between 11:30hrs and 13.00hrs and on Wednesday 17th February between 12.30hrs and 14.00hrs. If you would like to attend, please respond to the contact sending you this release)
Developer Tools and Support
- NAVTEQ Network for Developers (NN4D): Demonstrates the latest developments in mapping tools and application programming interfaces (APIs) for mobile app development. On the NAVTEQ stand - 1D59, Hall 1
- NAVTEQ Global LBS Challenge Awards Ceremony: The EMEA region finalists of this popular developer contest will be showcasing their applications to a distinguished panel of judges comprised of executives from leading wireless and technology companies immediately before the winner is crowned on Sunday, February 14th. In its 7th year, NAVTEQ Global LBS Challenge® is the premier event for wireless Location Based Services (LBS) innovation, inviting developers around the world to build innovative, non-commercialised LBS applications which work with mobile phones and/or wireless handheld devices using dynamic positioning technology and NAVTEQ map data. Finalists will be vying for a record global prize pool valued at over $10 million dollars US in cash and data license in addition to an opportunity for worldwide exposure for their LBS application.
(Note to media - not for publication: Media representatives are invited to City Hall Poble Espanyol de Montjuic (next to the Congress venue) to preview finalists' applications at 16.30hrs followed by awards ceremony at 18.00hrs on Sunday 14th February. If you would like to attend, please respond to the contact sending you this release)
NAVTEQ is the leading global provider of digital map, traffic and location data that enables navigation and location-based platforms around the world. NAVTEQ supplies comprehensive digital map information to power automotive navigation systems, portable and wireless devices, Internet-based mapping applications and government and business solutions. The Chicago-based company was founded in 1985 and has approximately 4,400 employees located in 195 offices and in 44 countries.
NAVTEQ, NAVTEQ Network for Developers, NAVTEQ Global LBS Challenge, NAVTEQ True, NAVTEQ Discover Cities, NAVTEQ Traffic and NAVTEQ LocationPoint Advertising are trademarks of NAVTEQ in the U.S. and other countries. All rights reserved.
(Logo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20060313/NAVTEQLOGO )