Press Releases

Unedited news and product information from vendors.

Gameloft - Second-Quarter Sales of EUR25.0 Million and 16% Growth on a Comparable Exchange Rate Basis
Jul 23, 2008 (12:07 PM EDT)


PARIS, July 23 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Gameloft posted consolidated sales of EUR50.3 million for the first half of 2008, up by 10% from the previous year. On a comparable exchange rate basis, half-year growth reached 17%. In EUR millions 2008 2007 Variation 1st quarter 25.3 22.7 +11% 2nd quarter 25.0 23.2 +8% 1st half-year 50.3 45.9 +10%

Mobile games accounted for 94% of first half revenues. The remaining 6% are related to Gameloft's console game business (Nintendo DS, Xbox Live Arcade and, for the first time, Nintendo WiiWare).

Europe represented 44% of sales for the first six months of 2008, North America 29% and the rest of the world 28%. The sharpest growth took place in the rest of the world, up 66% year on year. In 2007, Europe, North America and the rest of the world represented respectively 44%, 34% and 22% of Gameloft's total sales over the full year.

The increase in first half-year sales is in line with the company's expectations, and the company therefore reiterates its growth and profitability guidance for 2008. Gameloft anticipates its sales growth rate to accelerate in the second half of 2008 thanks to recent and future releases of games for iPhone, N-Gage and mass-market platforms such as Nintendo Wii and DS.

Gameloft has enjoyed immediate success in the release of its WiiWare, XBLA and iPhone games, reinforcing its strategy developed in 2007. Hits from its production studios include Brain Challenge, a top seller on XBLA in the month after its release on the Microsoft service. TV Show King sold well enough to earn a spot on the "most popular games" section of the WiiWare service in Europe, US and Japan after its May 2008 release. On the iPhone, between one and four Gameloft games have placed among the top 10 best sellers in the US, Canada, UK, France, Germany, Spain, Italy and Japan.

In the long term, Gameloft is in an ideal position to remain the number one mobile gaming company worldwide and to continue its fast growth in a market which it has been investing in with success since 2002 and will include nearly 4 billion potential consumers by 2010 (1). Gameloft also intends to fully leverage its know-how on mass market, online connected consoles that target a similar demographic to the mobile games segment.

The group's consolidated half-year results will be published on August 28, after the close of the market.

For more information, consult http://www.gameloft.com (1) Source : Strategy Analytics Contact: Anne-Laure Descleves, Head of Communications, Tel +33-1-5816-2082, anne-laure.descleves@gameloft.com

CONTACT: Contact: Anne-Laure Descleves, Head of Communications, Tel anne-laure.descleves@gameloft.com+33-1-5816-2082,